Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Most Popular Menu Item

Amazingly, since I am a vegetarian, I assumed everyone would really love my Ratatouille.  I truly thought that would be the most popular menu item on my list.  I was wrong!

Since the Ratatouille is not number one I have a tie for first place and I'm not surprised.  People seem to love comfort food.  Everyone wants to come home to a homey meal in the evening but almost everyone I know is either too tired to cook or they simply don't enjoy it.  For many it means going to the grocery first as well.

I am very pleased I am able to fill an apparent much needed gap in the lives of my friends and family.  Not only do I enjoy the prep, cooking and packaging but I know I'm providing healthy, wholesome food for some who otherwise may not eat as well.

When it was suggested to me I come up with a menu and let people choose what they would like to order, I thought it was a great idea.  As in any new endeavor, I made a couple of mistakes.  One mistake was to publish a menu with many entrees, sides, soups and desserts from which to choose.  What happened was I received several large orders at one time and everyone ordered different dishes.  That meant I had to get cookin'. 

I think I cooked for 5 days straight from early morning to late night.  I was thankful my granddaughter, Brittany, came to help.  Now I know better.  I should have published what I had available as I completed a menu item.  Thankfully, it's all under control now and I'm planning and cooking September's menu.

Okay...are you curious what are the most popular menu items?  The tie is between Chicken Pot Pie and Shepherd's Pie.  Most definitely comfort food.

I sent out an email last evening letting everyone know what I still had available and everyone who ordered wanted the Shepherd's Pie.  I had so many requests I made more today.  I just didn't want to tell anyone I was out of something they seem to love.

Here's a hint of what's on the menu for September:

It's a frittata of eggs, potatoes, onions and sweet peppers topped with Roma tomatoes and chiffonade of basil from my towers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment