Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thank you for your support!

I am overwhelmed by the interest my cooking tales have generated.  I have received encouragement, questions, suggestions and compliments.  It means everything to have my passion for cooking shared by so many folks.

Thank you to all who have taken the time to contact me in one way or another.  I appreciate every one of you.

I'm still cooking but not from morning until night.  I am able now to slow down and enjoy cooking again.  I am making several dishes this week but at a much more reasonable pace. 

Sooooo....a new project has just been born.  I ordered a real German fermenting crock and a cabbage shredder, the old fashioned wooden box type.  I also ordered about 30 pounds of cabbage from the organic produce co-op.  Tomorrow is the shredding and salting day. 



 
I'm going to be attempt this fermenting process and determine if it's something I may be successful doing.  I love sauerkraut and can't wait to taste it. 
 
I'll report on the outcome in about six weeks.  Making 'kraut is a slow process.  
 

1 comment:

  1. That should be delicious in the fall with some brats or Boston Butt pork roast! Have fun! It may smell a bit while processing...so just put it in the bathroom and no one will notice. LOL! Have fun with your kraut!

    ReplyDelete